Virtual patient Carolyn Cross in iHuman Patients. Comprehensive Health Assessment for Patients and Populations
In this assessment, you will demonstrate competence in exploring a patient’s physical and mental well-being. To do this, you will complete a comprehensive health assessment on the virtual patient Carolyn Cross in iHuman Patients.
You will then assess the social and physical determinants of health and how they affect this virtual patient, Carolyn. To do so, you must focus on the social and physical environments that promote health. These environmental determinants include place of birth, neighborhoods, life, experiences, work environments, recreational activities, and worship practices. These determinants affect health, daily functions, and quality-of-life risks and outcomes. Resources that can affect access to quality healthcare include safe and affordable housing, access to education and emerging technologies, public safety, the availability of healthy foods, and local health and emergency services.
Virtual patient Carolyn Cross in iHuman Patients.
The purpose of this task is to reflect on how such outside factors affect Carolyn’s access to quality healthcare.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Virtual patient Carolyn Cross in iHuman Patients.
Tasks may not be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
- Reflect on the comprehensive health assessment you performed on the virtual patient Carolyn Cross in iHuman Patients by doing the following:
- Discuss four evidence-based interview techniques you used to assess Carolyn’s social determinants. Include a scholarly source in your discussion.
- Justify the questions you used to assess each of the five social determinants of Carolyn, and include her responses.
- Explain how Carolyn’s answers to the questions will inform her nursing plan of care.
- Explain how Carolyn’s economic stability affects her access to healthcare, including the three following factors:
- socioeconomic status
- employment status
- housing stability
- Analyze how Carolyn’s educational status affects her health. Include a scholarly source to support your analysis.
- Discuss the healthcare barriers and opportunities Carolyn might experience because of her educational status.
- Analyze how Carolyn’s health and healthcare status affect her quality of life. Include a scholarly source to support your analysis.
- Analyze how an understanding of health literacy affects health. Include a scholarly source to support your analysis.
- Explain how Carolyn’s neighborhood and environment affect her access to healthcare.
- Compare the healthcare (e.g., quality, access, outcomes) received by a patient living in a low-income area to the healthcare received by a patient living in a high-income area.
- Discuss how access to healthcare differs for patients living in rural versus urban areas. Include a scholarly source to support your discussion.
- Discuss how Carolyn’s neighborhood affects her access to healthy food options.
- Discuss why social determinants need to be addressed in your comprehensive health assessment. Include a scholarly source to support your discussion.
- Based on the comprehensive health assessment, identify the three highest priority social determinants that affect Carolyn.
- Based upon the three chosen social determinants from part B1, develop a nursing plan of care.
- Explain how you would implement your nursing plan of care based upon each of the identified social determinants from part B1.
- Discuss barriers to implementing the nursing plan of care explained in part B2 for each social determinant identified in part B1.
- Discuss who needs to be involved in the nursing plan of care (e.g., healthcare practitioners, community members, family) for each social determinant identified in part B1.
- Explain how to evaluate the effectiveness of Carolyn’s nursing plan of care. Include a scholarly source.
- Summarize the impact of social determinants on Carolyn’s overall well-being.
- Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
- Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
virtual patient Carolyn Cross in iHuman Patients Related Posts:
- COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH ASSESSMENT for Patients and Populations
- Mod 1 Case Cross-Cultural Health Perspectives
- iHuman Case Study
- After completing your iHuman Case Study, answer the following questions:
- What is the CC in the case studies? What are important questions to ask the patients to formulate the history of present illness and what did the patients tell you?
- Specifically define the role of the registered nurse in patient advocacy. Describe situations in which nursing advocacy can assist patients within the healthcare environment. Defend why nurses are, or are not, adequately prepared, in prelicensure education, to act as patient advocates.
- Pediatric patient evaluations must involve a combination of patient input, parent input, and your own observations from physical exams and diagnostics. As you read the following the case study, consider the source (i.e., patient, parent, or practitioner) of the provided patient information.
- Aquifer virtual case studies
- Online learning is considered a virtual learning environment (VLE); however there are other types of VLE that you may have used or heard about. Please discuss one of the following VLE’s and your experience with using it
- Complete only the History, Physical Exam, and Assessment sections of the Aquifer virtual case: Family Medicine 07: 53-year-old male with leg swelling.
- Brain Disorders as a Concept
- Analyze the CMS standards (core measures)