For this discussion, you will interact with the group that you joined in Assignment 2.1: Presentation Prep—Join a Presentation Group.
You will complete Part 1 of a case-study activity that you will continue to address next week. The case study is a true-to-life example of an ethical dilemma related to patient right to refuse care. It will provide you with an opportunity to practice application of selected decision-making models for identification and resolution of dilemma.
Step 1 Read the attached PDF (MY PART IS ” MORAL REASONING- BASES MODEL
Select one of the following Ethical Decision-Making Models / Frameworks described in Ulrich (other than the Principles Based Model) to apply to the Elaine Mills case from the multimedia activity. (Important: Coordinate with your group to ensure that each member selects a different model.)
· Standards-Based Model
· Virtues-Based Model
· Moral Reasoning–Based Model (Kat)
· Practice-Based Model
In your initial post to the group discussion:
1. Apply the model.
· Identify the various facets of the dilemma.
· Identify all stakeholders.
· Address each principle, component, or stage of the model.
· Propose a step-by-step plan for resolution of the dilemma (with rationales and alternatives, where appropriate).
· Identify potential outcomes of the proposed resolution.
2. Critique the model for its adequacy in assisting with ethical decision-making.
3. Provide a brief (2–4 sentences) closing statement indicating why your model is—or is not—the best model for use by nurses to resolve ethical dilemmas in daily practice.
For your reply post to the group discussion, use the RISE Model for Meaningful Feedback (PDF) to:
1. Ask 1–2 questions about at least one of the models described by another member of your group.
2. Respond to any questions you received about the model you selected.
Your participation in this group discussion will be evaluated using the Case Study Rubric found in your syllabus.